This is a sponsored guest post.
Pregnancy can be the most important phase in the life of a woman, and if it’s the first time there is a lot of anticipation, anxiety experienced by the to-be parents. These are the nine most important months of your life when you are actually creating the basic character of new life. Here are five things to take care of during this phase to make it smooth and stress-free.
- Proper Nutrition - As the baby’s vital organs are formed in these nine months, it is essential that you consume a meal rich in all the nutrients or at least make sure that all meals combined you get proper ratio of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fats. You don’t have to eat for two people but you have to eat right. Include food rich in proteins, calcium and iron in your diet. As proteins are the basic building blocks of our body, calcium for strong bones, iron for blood and brain development. A lot of fiber is essential for proper digestion as many people tend to be constipated during this phase. It is best to avoid fatty and oily food as it is hard to digest and causes acidity.
- Eating at regular intervals – As the growing womb size makes space for itself it pushes the digestive organs, especially the stomach upwards. This reduces the movement of food down the digestive tract and also sometimes pushes the stomach acid upwards causing gastro esophageal reflux. This causes heart burn and acidity. The changes in the hormones are also responsible for this. This cannot be totally avoided but can be reduced by eating small meals at small intervals.
- A balance of exercise and rest – Movement is essential to make the body flexible and prepare the muscles for a smooth and normal delivery. A walk after every meal and before bedtime is essential for proper digestion. After the first trimester, one can start with a regular light exercise regime that includes stretches, walks and yoga. Stretches and yoga for muscle flexibility. Yoga calms the anxiety overdriven mind too. Practicing proper breathing helps in smooth delivery. As exercise, rest is also essential as you have to reserve all your energy for the ‘D’ day, and after that. Also you need to reserve oxygen for the extra functions of the uterus
- Proper medications and supplements – It is not possible to get all the essential nutrients from the food we eat hence we need nutrient supplements. These should be taken as advised by the doctor. Proper medications as prescribed according to ones ailments and body condition should be taken else it would hamper fetal development. Self-medication should be avoided. Regular check-ups keep a tab on the fetal development. Vaccines should be taken to keep deformations at bay.
- Content and happy mind – Last but not the least it is essential to remain happy and content all the time. As this affects the mental state of the developing baby. This is when the basic character of the baby is formed which cannot be much altered later. So it is the responsibility of the entire family to keep the environment happy and cheerful. To calm down one could read good books and listen to soft music.
These are the five step simple guide to a healthy and smooth pregnancy that will ensure the making of happy mother and baby.
About the Author:
Carol writes on women’s health and overall wellness subjects. She has composed many articles and e-books on these subjects. Currently she is writing articles for an HCG Diet Shop, an online store for HCG weight loss diet program for weight loss seekers.