On our journey to get our daughter to ditch the diapers, we discovered that potty training during the Holidays can be a little rough. With the chaos of running to one event after another and getting everything together with shopping and baking, it can get a little off schedule which can throw your little one off their potty training routine and could make them regress.
Here are some of my tips for not letting Holiday Stress distract from your Potty Training Success:
1. Set a timer on your phone or use Pull-Ups® FREE timer that can be found on their website. Keeping a schedule in the midst of the chaos can help with those early days of potty training.
2. Show your child the potty when you go to a place they have never been before. Some children have trouble going potty when the environment has changed. There is too much to look at it. That's why when I'm out in public, even if I don't think my daughter has to go but she asks to go potty, we make a trip to explore the restroom. It can be time consuming, but it makes her more comfortable and she usually ends up going as well.
3. Take your child with you every time you need to go. Don't make it a struggle though. Sometimes children need to see that's it okay to go other places as well and seeing their number one role model go potty in a strange place can make it easier for them to adjust to any fears they might have.
4. Ask your child to go potty often. It can be hard to remember with all the excitement going on. But show your child that just because they take a break to go potty doesn't mean play time is over.
5. Bring along the Pull-Ups®! Pull-Ups® training pants are gender/size specific and there are a variety of products to match children’s various learning styles such as Pull-Ups® Training Pants with Cool Alert®, Learning Designs®, and Pull-Ups® Night*Time Training Pants.
Pull-Ups has also made it easy to save this Holiday season with an offer to share for a $3 off coupon!
It's super easy to save and share. Just make sure you are registered on their site! The fun thing about registering is Pull-Ups® offers a wide range of tips, tools and resources to help Moms and tots start potty training. On Pull-Ups.com, you can keep track of your Tot’s potty training success using the Big Kid® Calendar or you can enter the Party Room and customize a new celebration after each Big Kid® flush, bringing the celebration to life for your little one. PLUS who couldn't save a little extra this time of year?
What are your go to tips when potty training through the Holidays?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pull-Ups® Training Pants. Save up to $3 on your next purchase of Pull-Ups® by registering at the Pull-Ups® website: http://bit.ly/1aAUPIG