With summer here grilling season is in full force, but have you ever thought of grilling pizza? Pillsbury has made it super easy to do just that! How about grilling this super yummy Philly Cheese Steak Pizza?
Picture & Recipe from Pillsbury.com
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large sweet onion, sliced (1 cup)
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain*
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/3 lb deli-style roast beef, roughly chopped
2 cups shredded provolone cheese (8 oz)
3/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
Tips on How to Grill Pizza
What To Do:
1. Warm up the grill. Get the grill nice and hot and give it a good coat of canola oil. Then unroll the dough onto a large piece of heavy-duty foil that's greased well with cooking spray.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onion to coat with oil. Cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring every 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 20 minutes longer, stirring well every 5 minutes; until onions are golden brown (onions will shrink during cooking). Set aside.
3. Put the dough on the rack. When you're ready to grill, invert the dough onto the grill rack and peel off the foil.
4. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with roast beef, onion, cheese and bell pepper.
5. Take it off the grill. Remove the pizza from the grill with a large spatula or pizza peel and add some sauce and cheese. It goes back onto the BBQ. Turn down BBQ and cover for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Try to put the pizza on the side of the grill that isn’t too hot. You may need to move it around a little if you notice it burning.
So how about winning your own 19 piece grill set (pictured above) and a $10 gift card to make your own? All you have to do is enter the RaffleCopter below. Just enter one option to be entered, but do as many options as you'd like to earn more entries. Just remember all entries are verified and this giveaway is open to US only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
General Mills provided me with the free product and information to provide this post. All opinions are 100% my own.