I got in check-out and had a good amount of items in my cart and I put everything on the belt (I had my daughter with me so this is never the easiest if tasks). When the cashier scanned everything and I have her my coupons, the first one she came to she said she would have to ask a manager because they no longer accept Target as a competitor. Wha...wha..WHAT?! This totally threw a wrench in my game plan. Apparently they stopped taking them since April 1st...Fool's Day indeed. :/
I am going to have to change my game plan completely when I shop at Publix and may be visiting Kroger more and more.
Here was my grocery list. Items in BOLD are what I ended up buying. Maybe you Publix accepts Target and you'll have better luck.
Tyson Chicken Nuggets or Patties or Tenders or Any’Tizers Snacks, 10 to 13.25 oz pkg, BOGO $3.25
- $1/1 Tyson Any’tizer Snacks 03/03/2013 SS Insert (exp 06/09/2013)
- $1/2 Quaker Items, TARGET coupon Target.com (exp 04/27/2013)
- $1.50/2 Quaker Big Chew or Chewy Yogurt Granola or Soft Baked Bars – 04-14-13 RP Insert (exp 5/18/2013)
- $1/2 Quaker Items, All You Magazine
= $0.25 each!
6 Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper or Tuna or Chicken or Suddenly Salad, 4.4 to 12.2 oz, BOGO $1.59
- 2 $0.75/3 Betty Crocker Hambuger Helper, Tuna Helper or Chicken Helper Home Cooked Skillet Meals
= $0.55 each!
The Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches or Bars, Cone or Fudge Bar or Pop, 24 oz, or Bars, 15.9 to 24 oz, BOGO $4.99
- $1/1 Skinny Cow Low-fat Ice Cream Snack, 4 ct+ (must sign up; bottom left corner)
- $1/1 Skinny Cow ice cream item 4- to 12-ct. Target Coupon
= $0.50 each!
Pillsbury Toaster Strudel or Scrambles, 10 to 11.5 oz, BOGO $1.95
- $0.50/2 Pillsbury Toaster Strudel, Toaster Scrambles Pastries or Pancakes 02/03/2013 SS Insert (exp 04/27/2013)
= $0.48 each!
Dannon Activia Yogurt, 4 pk, 3/$5
- $1/1 Activia, 4 pk 03/03/2013 SS Insert (exp 04/21/2013)
= $0.67 each!
2 Bailey’s Coffee Creamer, 16 oz, 2/$3
Gerber Graduates Foods, Grabbers, Squeezable Fruit or Organic 2nd Foods, or Beech Nut, Happy Baby, HappyTot, or Earth’s Best, 25% Off - Would have got these but I now have Yummi Pouches
- $0.50/1 Plum Baby, Tots or Kids Product (IE)
- $1/2 Happy Tot or Happy Baby Pouches
- $1/10 Beech-Nut Baby Food
- $1/3 Beechnut Items
- $0.75/3 Beech-nut Stage 4 or Stage 5 Puree or Yogurt Pouches
- $1/3 Earth’s Best Baby Food Pouches
Knorr Pasta or Rice Sides, 3.8 to 5.8 oz, BOGO $1.29
- $1/2 Knorr Rice and Pasta Sides, any (Maximum of 2 Identical Coupons Allowed in Same Shopping Trip) – 03-24-13 RP Insert (exp 4/21/2013)
- $0.50/2 Knorr sides Target Coupon
2 Birds Eye Voila Skillet Meal, 21 oz, $3.49
- $1.75/1 Birds Eye Voila
= $3.48 or $1.74 each!
2 Buddy Fruits BOGO $1
Colonial Bread 2/$3
8 Sambazon Smoothies and Fruit Juices $2.50 - Not Pictured
- Free Coupons for Moms Meet Meeting - Review/Giveaway Coming Soon
Total Spent = $17.34
Total Saved = $44.71
Total Percentage = 72%! :D
So how did everyone else do this week? Have you ever had an unexpected turn of events with coupon policies like this?