When I was pregnant with my son, I was worried how a new little person would fit into our family. Newborns need so much attention and I was worried how my toddler would feel. But as soon as we came home from the hospital, my little man fit into our family. We have a system set up and it has helped us find our formula for happiness.
|Pictures by Peach and Oak Photography|
1. Getting a good night's rest. We love sleep in our house. My kiddos need their bed time (on time) and night time routine. I like spending that time with them and it gives us some time to wind down after the busy day of errands, dance, school, and play.
2. Naps. Did I mention we love sleep? :) Since I adjusted my son to one nap a day, he is so much happier. I don't know why he didn't like the twice (or three times) a day like his big sister, but he would only sleep in 10 minute increments which wasn't happy for anyone. Now that he is on one nap a day he is much happy and I even convince his five year old sister to take nap now and again.
3. SNACKS! Yes, we are a snacking family. That doesn't mean I just give my kids cookies and chips all the time. Snacks in our house are carrots & hummus, granola bars, yogurt bites, etc. Children are natural grazers so we prefer smaller meals spread out through the day.
4. Make time for Play Time. Even babies like to roll around and have tummy time. Make time to play with your kiddos, but also make time for yourself. Get a pedicure, make a bubble bath, a little me time is refreshing and soothing. It's nice to unwind so you can start a new tomorrow.
5. Find Your Balance. Breastfeeding or Bottle Feeding. Cloth Diapers or disposables. To use a pacifier or not. Whatever works for your family is your formula for happiness. Things change with each baby and you learn to adapt. Go with the flow and don't sweat the small stuff.
No matter if it is breast milk or formula, you will know what is best for you and your child. I breastfed, but I did always have Gerber® Good Start® Infant Formulas on hand. Parents have been asking for manufacturers to stop using GMOs in their products and more companies are listening. I am so happy to say that Gerber® Good Start® Infant Formulas are now all non-GMO. I love supporting companies that listen to parents and I am so grateful for all of the wonderful options that are available.
#ad I love when companies listen! Now all Gerber® Good Start® Infant Formulas are #nonGMO! #FormulaForHappiness https://t.co/g7YtGy5IpN— Diana C (@mrsdchastain) January 12, 2016
What are your thoughts on the non-GMO initiative? What are some tips you have that has helped your family find the Formula for Happiness?
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.