2. Cold Spoon - A spoon chilled in the fridge (not the freezer, or it can stick!) can offer much-needed relief. Just apply the rounded part of the spoon to baby’s gums. Best for before any teeth actually break through to avoid the risk of chipping a tooth.
3. Cold Washcloth - Frozen or merely chilled, a cold wet washcloth (dipped in water, breast milk, or—as some mom’s swear by—chamomile tea) can be comforting for baby to gnaw on. My favorite go-to teething relief method. I would take the baby washcloths, soak with cool water, and pop them in the freezer. I always made sure I had some ready to go. And some how they aren't too cold for the little ones hands.
4. Chilled Foods -,If your baby has already started solids, try offering him a cold food like applesauce or yogurt to help soothe gum pain and fill him up. Celery was our favorite.
5. Breastmilk Pops - Freeze some breastmilk in an ice cube tray and make a Popsicle out of them. We call them "boob pops" in our house. ;)
6. Teething Jewelry for Moms Moms of teething babes know that their little ones will grab just about anything within reach and start chomping. Fortunately, specially designed teething jewelry is made to be gummed by little mouths. Made from FDA-approved silicone that is free of phthalates, BPA, PVC, latex, and lead, it’s non-toxic and dishwasher-safe—and made from the same material as many teething toys, but way prettier hanging around your neck or wrist.
7. Rubber Teether - Sophie the Giraffe has been helping babies get through teething for more than 50 years. Made of 100% natural rubber (BPA- and phthalate-free) and food paint, this squeaky toy made in the French Alps will likely to be one of your child's faves, I know my daughter still plays with hers. My family thought I was crazy for spending that much on "a squeak toy", but I don't regret buying it one bit.
8. Cold Fruit - Chilled fruit, like apple slices or banana, placed inside of a mesh feeder can provide relief (and a tasty snack) for a baby with sore gums. Try using a mesh feeder, like the BPA-free Nuby Nibbler™ with Hygienic Cover. We loved ours.
9. Chilled Teether - Placing a solid or liquid-filled teether in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before offering it to baby can amp up its soothing powers. I like the sweet easy-to-grab IcyBite™ Teether Keys BPA- and PVC-free teether from Nuby. I am a Nuby Mommy Blogger and received one recently to review. You can find it in my Holiday Gift Guide because I love it that much!
10. Baltic Amber Teething Necklace - Baltic Amber has been a natural pain relief remedy for hundreds for years. They non-invasive and side effect-free. Baltic amber consists of 3-8% succinic acid, a scientifically examined medical substance used in contemporary medicine. The highest content of the acid is found in the amber cortex, which is the external layer of stone. When a baby is wearing an amber teething necklace, the natural temperature of the skin warms the amber cortex, resulting in the release of succinic acid which is absorbed though in skin into the bloodstream, providing proven pain relief. And the little ones look so darn cute wearing them!
I received one or more or the items above free of charge to share this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links.