My family and I are allergy sufferers. If you read my blog regularly, then you already know that my daughter and I suffer the most. And since we stay at home more often and are stuck in the house more during the wintertime, controlling the airborne particles in our house is so important. Did you know that you can experience allergies year-round? You may notice watery eyes and runny noses more in the Spring and Fall. Experts are predicting that the 2013 allergy season to last longer this year, well into October and November, depending on the climate where you live. Earlier this year, CNN listed the Top 10 Worst U.S. Cities for Allergy Sufferers – is your city on the list? Thankfully mine is not, but that doesn't mean I haven't noticed them acting up.
Some tips to help reduce in door allergens include washing bedding more frequently, removing shoes at the door, washing hands & face as soon as you come in door, and of course changing your air filters.
The Filtrete Healthy Living Filter captures up to 93 percent of airborne particles, like: pollen, smoke particles, pet dander, household dust, smog contamination, dust mite debris, lint, mold spores, bacteria, particles that can carry viruses (compared to basic pleated filters for the capture of 0.3 to 1.0 micron particles) from the air passing through the filter.
Make sure to check out this video on the importance of changing your filter:
• Ideal for allergens and small particles like bacteria and virus.
• Captures up to 93 percent of large airborne particles, such as household dust, pollen, mold spores and dust mite debris, from the air passing through the filter
• Captures 4X times more microscopic particles, such as smoke, smog, pet dander and particles that can carry bacteria and viruses, than ordinary pleated filters*
• Last up to three months
• Find them at Lowe’s, Target, Walmart, Costco and your local hardware store; find a location near you by visiting FindMyFiltreteFilter.com.
• MSRP: $19.99-$21.99
Make sure to keep up with Filtrete:
• Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/Filtrete
• Twitter: @Filtrete
• You can register to receive seasonal e-newsletters featuring special offers, filter change reminders, better home living tips and more by visiting our website, www.Filtrete.com.